National Plug In Day 2011 Press Photos
National Plug In Day, taking place on Sunday, Oct. 16, 2011, is an unprecedented nationwide observance drawing global attention to the environmental, economic and other benefits of plug-in electric vehicles through simultaneous events staged in at least twenty major cities nationwide.
Plug In America, the Sierra Club, and the Electric Auto Association are teaming up to plan for this effort, which will sound the bell through plug-in parades, tailpipe-free tailgate parties, test-drives and other grassroots activities in:
If you're interested in volunteering to help with an event in one of the cities listed above, please email email@example.com, with PlugInDay in the subject line.
Our flagship event will be a huge parade of plug-in vehicles in the L.A. area. Chris Paine, director of the films “Who Killed the Electric Car?” and “Revenge of the Electric Car,” has agreed to be among the speakers at this celebration. We expect to at least double the number of vehicles from history’s greenest procession, the 78-vehicle parade staged by Plug In America in 2009 in sync with President Obama’s inauguration.
Electric vehicles already have enabled hundreds of thousands of miles of cleaner, petroleum-free driving. Help us tell the world about the many benefits of going electric.
- National Plug-In Day is Coming!
- Sierra Club and National Plug-In Day
- More podcast links can be found on the event-specific pages above..
- Get your EVs running: First National Plug In Day is Oct. 16, Los Angeles Times
- National Plug In Day to be Celebration of EVs, Plug-in Hybrids, DailyTech
- National Plug-in Day drawing attention to benefits of plug-in electric vehicles, examiner.com
- EV fans set Oct. 16 as National Plug In Day, AutoWeek
- and many more..