The EV Card is an easy way for EV drivers to share charging stations.
How It Works
Just topping off?
Display the green OK TO UNPLUG side.
An EV driver whose trip relies on a charge will know they can unplug your vehicle. If they finish before you return to your car, they can plug you back in.
Need a full charge?
Display the red CHARGE NEEDED side.
EV drivers will know not to unplug your vehicle unless it is fully charged. If all of the stations were occupied when you parked, an EV driver can plug your car in when they unplug.
Make sure to
- Place the card on your dashboard or in another highly visible location inside your vehicle.
- Write your phone number in the space provided if you would like to be reachable by other EV drivers. This can be helpful for any unique situations that arise.
- Use the phone number provided to confer with the other driver and mitigate any potential issues.
- Be courteous to your fellow EV drivers.
Get It Today
There are two ways to get the EV Card: print one at home or order one from Plug In America.
Create your own
- Download and print the PDF file in color.
- Cut along the dotted lines and fold the card in half.
- Write your phone number in the space provided on both sides if you would like to be reachable.
- Laminate the card (or tape it so it stays folded).
Order from Plug In America
If you do not have access to a color printer, you can order a double-sided, laminated EV Card from our shop. (Coming soon.)
If you laminate your EV Card, or purchase one from Plug In America, keep a dry erase marker in your car to write your contact number or a brief note to other drivers on the card.